Tuesday 3 May 2011

New Animal Sculptures

Quite a lot to write about as I have come to the end of two animal sculpture commissions. It's always a time of mixed feelings as the work has been so enjoyable and now is over. I guess its the pleasure of actually making that keeps me going ! It is good to be paid for something I enjoy doing as well ! Have to be realistic I guess.




The Cockerel finally finished and patinated ! Cast by Pangolin Editions who are considered to be the best casters in Europe, if not worldwide. It has been a pleasure to work with them on this commission. Do check out their web site to see how it is done.

This is the first of an edition of 12. For more information visit my web site

I have also finished a commission for four garden hares. These were made in ceramic and finished in a bronze glaze. It works very well but of course is not real foundry bronze.

Here they are -
This is a picture taken in the studio after firing. They have all now been finished and mounted onto bases. Busy today but will get the pictures of this finished commission up later this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment